August 12, 2010

An Average Day With Timmy

Today was a relaxing day with Tim.  When we arrived he was already outside with Crystal, and they were practicing holding his head up.  When we do this, we take his head rest off and put a pillow behind his back, and count to see how long he will hold his head up. Our mom was joking with him saying "Okay Tim, lets hold your head up until we count to 1 million."  He is getting good at it, and can turn from side to side with encouragement.  Our Mom is working on getting him to nod "yes" by saying "turn" "turn" from side to side and he will do this.
I was asking him if he thinks he is getting better and he looked at his 'yes' card.  I usually joke around a lot with him with the cards, so I asked him if he thinks that a beer would make him all better and he looked at the 'yes' card.  I love that he still has the same sense of humor. I got him to laugh a couple of times, his laugh always makes me smile and fills my heart with joy.
We watched the Giants game in the room, and I showed him his new blog page.  Whenever I talked about something I wanted to do to the site to our mom he would look at me like he was really interested in hearing what I had to say about it.  He looked at his 'yes' card whenever I asked him if he is happy to see our Grandpa and brother Josh this weekend, since they don't live in the area and will be in town for our family reunion. 
Timmy got to stand today and he did really good.  He likes to stand, he usually always answers 'yes' when we ask him if he wants to stand.  Today I asked though and he said 'no' but then I asked if he knew he should because it helps him, and he said 'yes'.  He seemed a little tense today and was leaning forward a lot at first, so I mentioned that maybe he had a muscle cramp in his back, so our mom gave him a neck massage with Tiger Balm and after that he was dozing off and on throughout the Giants game.
We are looking forward to tomorrow's visit because when we get there we will have our Grandpa with us, and he hasn't seen Timmy since he was first injured in a coma at Kaiser.  I will be sure to take some pictures and post them with the next update.

1 comment:

  1. I love the new blog site, it has a great look. I look forward to following Tim's progress and pray that God will heal him. If there is ever anything I can do to help don't hesitate to ask.

    Katie MacCallister

    ReplyDelete