August 14, 2010

Good News!

Yesterday my mom and I went to go visit Timmy before we went to pick up Grandpa from the airport.  We only stayed for about an hour before we had to go pick him up, but a few hours later we returned with him.  Our Grandpa hasn't seen Timmy since right after the accident, and all I kept saying was "isn't he doing so much better than when you last saw him?" and I could tell he was very impressed.  Timmy stood again, and did very well with his cones.  What we do with the cones is this : There are blue, yellow, red, and green, and we have him grab the cone (with help of supporting his arm) and we tell him what color we want him to drop it on.  Timmy is colorblind, but he does it really well, and when he does the wrong color he laughs like he is joking with us :)  I recorded a video of it, but my camera memory got full way too fast, but I will be posting that this weekend sometime.
I have some amazing news!  Dr. Defina's office emailed me back!  I am suppose to call first thing Monday morning, and I am so excited! I was so happy; I called my mom, Caitlin, and Isaac and they were excited too! This is what we have been waiting for.  This is what we are fundraising for.  This could bring our Timmy back to us!  We are planning a couple fundraisers for October, and everyone is welcome to come :) we will be posting more information on those once all of the details are worked out.
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for my brother this past year.  I know God hears you, and I know they are working.  Timmy has proven the doctors wrong already, and there is no doubt in my mind that he won't be giving up anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment